Tuesday, November 1, 2011

do you love me- my hair asked me?


I was born with lot of hair and being a girl it was an asset, as a toddler golden locks falling around my cheeks... were something. But bad luck after my first mundan (shave) I lost the thickness as well as the curls..
Mom decided to keep it as short as possible but to my mom's surprise that helped, my hair got thicker and grew too fast. In college all my friends used to but conditioner, henna, curd and what all combinations to give it shine, volume and growth.

But my hair deprived of all the affection and care grew too fast and added to the volume. In college I used to leave it open ... and girls said if we can die for your hair then what about boys...( but reality was I just washed gave a comb and came to college never even oiled it.).
I loved the compliments and enjoyed them. After some years I thought I had enough let me shorten it... so got it short . Oh god!.... what a reaction...from everyone.


Yes,I do love you! You are my biggest asset.
People who just knew that I work around, said hi once in a while or were close to me told me" We loved your hair ...! Why you did this to such a beautiful hair?...  Even who hated me said -hey! now, why have you done this?

That is when I realized I should take care of them they do make me proud and it does add to my personality.
But as fate had it in store I came to Bangalore... weather, hard water and everything my hair started falling.... and I felt... as if my hair told me you have ignored me now I don't care.

So I used curd for conditioning, used shampoo for my hair type and got hair spa nothing seemed to work. One fine day I got Dove shampoo (damage therapy intensive repair) sachet with a magazine for hair fall.
It clicked.....it worked wow thank god.. my hair was shining it grew without bothering and was again thick as ever thanks to the magazine , hair and off-course DOVE!!!




3 comments:

  1. Good one..so curd for conditioning is the reason for your long, shiny, healthy hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. The traditional methods of caring for the hair is quite good but the knowledge is lost in present day and also people do not have enough time to invest in taking care of hair thoroughly. In such times products like Dove help.

    ReplyDelete